We are sad to announce that due to unforeseen and unfortunate rulings passed by the Higher Learning Commission, Hot Rod Institute and Western Dakota Tech will no longer be able to offer the Associates Degree of Applied Sciences in Hot Rod Technology. The recent rulings by the HLC require both schools in educational agreements, such as the AAS Degree in Hot Rod Technology, to be accredited. As many of you know we are working very hard towards our accreditation and plan on becoming fully accredited this upcoming year (2011). We are hosing our final accreditation visit near the end of May 2011. Although we are unsure how long the process will take after our final accreditation visit, once we are fully accredited we will be able to discuss the possibility of restarting the AAS Degree program with Western Dakota Tech.
The future of this program is unknown at this time, but we can assure you that we are working hard to provide students the very best Specialty Automotive Education possible. We hope to restart this program after our accreditation. The details on this revolutionary degree program are listed below. Both HRI and WDT are very sorry if these changes have affected your future, and hope the situation changes in the next year. If you have enrolled in the AAS Degree program or if you have any questions on these developments please contact Kyle Harder the HRI Director of Admissions and Education.
The AAS Degree in Hot Rod Technology will prepare students for a career in the Specalitly Automotive Industry and provide them with the stability offered by holding a post-secondary degree. Students in the program will attend Hot Rod Institute classes during normal school hours and have the option to take most of the WDT credits online, at night or on the weekend, or during a following semester. Students wishing to enroll in the AAS Degree in Hot Rod Technology may apply on line at www.wdt.edu and contact Kyle Harder the Director of Admissions at HRI for scheduling of the Hot Rod Institute classes.
The following are the credits necessary to earn the AAS Degree in Hot Rod Technology.
Technical Requirements (select 3 of the following) offered at Hot Rod Institute:
Total Technical 47-50
General Education Requirements offered at Western Dakota Tech:
Total Gen Ed Credits 19
Program Total 69-72
The following is the admissions process at Western Dakota Tech:
1. Submit an application for admissions (hard copy or online) and a non-refundable $20 application fee.
2. Schedule to take the COMPASS test. The COMPASS test is a placement exam over math, English and reading. There is a $15.00 testing fee. (The COMPASS test will be waived if you have an ACT composite score of an 18 or better, or an SAT combine score of an 860 or better, and it is current within the last five years, or have completed 35 or more post-secondary credits with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or better.)
3. Request an official High School transcript or GED scores sent to the admissions office. (Additionally, an official transcript must be submitted if you have attended other post-secondary institutions or universities.)
4. Submit a certification from a licensed physical physician that you have received or are in the process of receiving the required two doses of immunization against measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR). (This is required for all on campus students.)
5. Once you receive your acceptance letter, enclosed will be a green confirmation form that must be completed and returned within 10 days with a $35.00 non-refundable registration fee. This will confirm and hold your spot in the program.
*Veteran Students using VA Benefits to pay for your AAS Degree In Hot Rod Technology will need to contact their Western Dakota Tech's VA Rep Curt Lauinger. His Contact info is firstname.lastname@example.org - (605) 718-2438.